What is happening at Pueblo?
Dust Devil Announcements!
Scottsdale Unified School District AzMERIT Informational Update
AzMERIT (Arizona’s Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teaching) is Arizona’s new statewide achievement test. The Arizona State Board of Education adopted Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards in English language arts and mathematics in 2010. A new test was necessary to measure what students know and can do based on these standards. With higher standards, Arizona needed an assessment that reflects those expectations. Arizona is partnering with the American Institutes for Research (AIR) to develop tests which are unique to Arizona. Click here for more information.
Four SUSD Students Win the Mayor's Constitution Day Contest
To commemorate Constitution Day, The Honorable W. J. “Jim” Lane hosted a Mayor’s Constitution Day Contest. The City of Scottsdale received 132 entries for the contest. The contest was divided into three categories. Scottsdale Unified School District (SUSD) had four grand prize winners and several finalists. The grand prize winners are: Gabe Ozaki, a student at Desert Canyon Middle School, 6th-8th grade essay winner, Camryn Sliger, a student at Desert Canyon Middle School, 6th-8th grade art winner, Steven Adelberg, a student at Desert Mountain High School, high school essay winner, and Julia Mionis, a student at Chaparral High School, high school art winner.
The following SUSD students were finalists:
- Pueblo: Donovan Davis (essay)
- Mohave: Andrea Mitrovic (art), Benjamin Yee (art), Daniel Hutton (essay) and Julia Greteman (essay)
- Chaparral – all art: Brooke Martin, Maia Nagle, Grace Lieberman and Spencer Scher
- Desert Canyon Middle: Tyler Crum (art) Elise Short (art), Brenden Weinberg (art), Ellie Fern (essay) and Samantha Hirsch (essay)
- Coronado: Natalee Esposito (essay)
- Desert Mountain: Christine Curran (essay)
Supply Lists, Pick-Up and Drop Off Maps, and Bus Route